Sprintax Calculus and Withholding Tax

Most U.S. income is subject to federal and state taxation, and in many cases, the University is required to withhold federal taxes from these payments. If you receive a scholarship from a country outside the U.S., a scholarship that only covers tuition and mandatory fees, or a scholarship that does not exceed University tuition and mandatory fees, you will not have tax withholding applied to your student account.

If you receive a non-qualified scholarship or fellowship, creating a Sprintax Calculus record will help determine the correct withholding tax on these payments.

More information regarding Sprintax Calculus and nonresident tax can be found on the Financial Services page.

Find more information about the tax filing process at Sprintax Returns and Filing Your Tax Return.