Denise Contreras, she/her
Denise is a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) for the state of Arizona. She provides consultations, individual and group therapy to international students who are seeking emotional support during their time at the University of Arizona. Denise strives towards building community with staff and faculty to support students and to help understand what services are available. Denise utilizes a trauma-informed approach, relational-cultural therapy, with an intersectional lens to meet her clients where they are at. She has 13+ years of focus on sexual and racial trauma, addiction, harm reduction, eating concerns, and mood disorders.
Denise also provides LGBTQIA+ Affirming Care and Culturally Affirming and Sustaining Practices.
If you are interested in learning more about consultations and therapeutic services, please feel free to contact Denise through secure messaging within the student patient portal or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life Management services are:
- Paid for by UArizona Counseling and Psych Services (CAPS) and ISS, which means there is no cost to international students.
- Usually available for an appointment within that week or next week
How to meet with Denise:
Schedule a Zoom or in-person appointment through the link below.
- Scheduled appointments times on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday can be either in-person or via Zoom.
- Scheduled appointments on Tuesday and Friday are Zoom only.
- In-person appointments are at the Global Center/International Student Services, 1st Floor, Rm 129.