Bringing Your Family

If your spouse or children will accompany you during your studies or for extended periods of time, they might qualify for an F-2 or J-2 dependent visa. A dependent is either your legal spouse or your dependent child of less than 21 years of age.

The following resources will assist you if you choose to bring family members. For information about housing, transportation, local laws and safety check the Success Guide.