Health & Wellness

The University of Arizona offers comprehensive services and support for the physical, mental and emotional well-being of our students.

Student Health Insurance Plan

The University of Arizona requires all international students on a nonimmigrant visa to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan through Campus Health. You will be automatically enrolled and billed for insurance every fall and spring semester within 3 business days of registering for classes for that term.

The Student Health Insurance covers a broad range of services including general medicine, women’s health, psychiatric services, prescription drugs, and emergency and urgent care.

Coverage Details

When you need care, Campus Health is your Primary Care Provider (PCP) and your first stop. They can provide many of the routine health services you need. In general, for non-emergency services that cannot be provided by Campus Health, you must first receive a referral from Campus Health. A referral is a recommendation by a health care professional for specialized care.

If you are outside Tucson and need medical care, follow these steps to find a participating provider:

  1. Go to (Or you can use: UnitedHealthcare|StudentResources)

  2. Click on “Find Providers” and select the type of provider: “Medical or Behavioral."

  3. Update your location (zip, city, county or state in the U.S.).

  4. Start your search by name or “Find Care by Category”.

  5. Select from the options for the appropriate medical provider to meet your needs.

You can enroll in an optional dental and vision discount program that will reduce the cost of dental procedures, eye care and eye wear. This is not an insurance policy. More details on cost and program providers can be found on the Campus Health website.

ID cards can be printed 1 week prior to the effective date of coverage, in most cases, at and establishing your member account. If an error message appears, and you verified your enrollment through UAccess, try again in 3-5 days. ID cards will not be mailed unless requested through your UHCSR "My Account". You may also request a card by calling UnitedHealthcare Customer Service at 1-866-654-7445.

The cost for the health insurance will be billed to your UAccess account. If you want to pay for insurance in installments through a payment plan, you must submit an application to Campus Health before the end of the open enrollment period.

Learn More

In the U.S., health insurance covers the majority of costs, but for most services people are still required to pay a small predetermined amount at the time of the visit. The amount you pay is called a “copay.” Your copay can range from $5 to $25, depending on the service. At Campus Health, you pay the copay with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. You can also charge the copay to your Bursar’s account in UAccess. Pay the charges to your UAccess as soon as possible to avoid registration holds, cancellation of classes or other inconveniences.

For services outside of campus health, you must carry your insurance ID card. Remember that for non-emergency services, your insurance may not cover the cost unless you have a referral from Campus Health.

Campus Health does not approve exemptions for individual policies. Follow the link below for eligibility requirements and semester deadlines.

Exemption Eligibility & Request Process

If you still have questions, contact the Campus Health Insurance Office.

Location: 1224 E. Lowell Street (second floor)

Office Hours: M-F 8-4:30 and W 9-4:30 Closed 12-1:00

Phone: 001-520-621-6486


Campus Health Services

The General Medicine Clinic is one of the primary care clinics within Campus Health. The scope of care includes Primary Care General Medicine and Sports Medicine. General Medicine is the clinic for the care of any condition that is not life-threatening or emergent. In this setting your medical condition is evaluated, treated and followed. If necessary, referrals are made. The clinicians include medical doctors and nurse practitioners.

Learn More

Counseling & Psych Services (CAPS) offers psychological counseling and psychiatric services to students to help them cope with personal problems so that they can successfully achieve their educational goals.

Licensed professionals provide brief treatment for anxiety, depression, difficulties with relationships, family problems, food/body image concerns, alcohol and drug concerns, ADHD, life crises, and other issues. Only Campus Health providers have access to treatment information. No notations about visits to CAPS are made in your academic or immigration record. Unless you are younger than 18, no information, including the fact that you have been seen in CAPS, can be released to others, including parents, unless you provide signed consent.

Learn More

Find additional University of Arizona Mental Health Services.

Health Promotion & Preventative Services (HPPS) provides programs and services that help students make healthy choices in support of their academic, personal and professional goals.

Learn More

The Women's Health Clinic is staffed by a Board-Certified Gynecologist, Certified Nurse Practitioners, and Certified Nurse Midwives, aided by Medical Assistants.

Learn More

Travel immunizations, tuberculosis skin tests, hepatitis B series, measles and rubella (necessary for admission to the University), influenza vaccine and many other vaccines are available during regular Campus Health Service hours.

Learn More

Oasis Sexual Assault and Trauma Services (Oasis) provides advocacy, support, and outreach to students, staff, and faculty of all genders who are impacted by sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking.

Learn More

Stressbusters a national training and outreach program that teaches student volunteers to be free resource advisors and backrub providers who continuously calm and connect thousands of students and staff with support services at events all over campus. Stressbusters is organized by Campus Health Service.

Learn More

Nutrition & Fitness

Campus Recreation provides programs, services, educational opportunities and facilities that meet the recreational, fitness and wellness needs of UA students, faculty, staff, alumni and retirees. Campus Rec offers more than 50 classes each week, including dance, martial arts, self-defense, yoga, Pilates, private yoga and Pilates classes and personal training.

Learn More

This handy guide will help you identify healthy options that are available on campus.


Men’s, women’s and co-ed teams play sports in a relaxed and friendly environment. There are teams for volleyball, flag football, soccer, softball, ultimate Frisbee and more.

Learn More


If you or a friend, who are outside of the United States, are in a high level of emotional distress and are in need of assistance, there is skilled help available. Campus Health has compiled a list of help and crises lines around the world that are available for you to contact for assistance.

Learn More