Non-UA Study Abroad Programs

University of Arizona Study Abroad: We are here for you!

The University of Arizona offers a wide array of study abroad programs specifically developed to complement your academic degree plan. To see how you can go abroad and get ahead with a UA study abroad program, please familiarize yourself with the Start Your Journey resources.

Interested in becoming part of the #WildcatsAbroad community? Take your next step toward participating in a UA program and connect with Study Abroad to learn basic information on program types, eligibility, housing, finances, searching for and choosing a program, and the application process. 

To pursue a non-UA program, follow the steps below:

CHOOSE your program carefully, considering the following…

  • Do you need to earn credit for your work? Unlike students who participate in a UArizona program, students participating in Non-UA programs will NOT be enrolled at UA for the duration of the program and are NOT guaranteed to receive credit for work completed on the program. 
  • Do you need financial aid to help cover the costs of the program? Students participating in a University of Arizona program can use eligible financial aid and scholarships for study abroad. Students participating in Non-UA programs may NOT be eligible to use their financial aid or scholarships.

CONTACT your Academic Advisor to determine if and how the credits you may wish to earn on your Non-UA program may apply to your degree progress.

  • University of Arizona Study Abroad coordinators cannot advise for non-UA programs.

SUBMIT your Non-UA Programs Application to find out if credits earned on your Non-UA program will transfer to the UA.

  • Credits on programs run by CIEE are NOT transferrable to the UA.

CONTACT the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine whether you are eligible to apply any amount of your aid package to your program costs and/or what steps you need to take to facilitate that process. Learn more about eligibility on the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid Study Abroad website.

  • Financial Aid cannot be used for the following programs (among others): CEA, CIEE, Semester at Sea, DIS.

SUBMIT your program application directly to your selected non-UA program.

  • UArizona Study Abroad staff are not able to sign off on any application documents you may be required to submit to your Non-UA program.

SUBMIT payment directly to your Non-UA program, as required by the program.

If needed, APPLY for readmission to UA after your program. (You can miss two consecutive semesters without re-applying for admission but please make sure you speak with your academic advisor regarding your intention to study abroad on a non-UA program.) Information is provided on the Back2UA website.