US Passports

Get Your Passport Right Here on Campus!

Our Location

UA Passports is located on the first floor of the Global Center, 615 Park Avenue. We accept scheduled appointments only, made two weeks in advance. Please schedule a passport processing appointment.

We are an authorized acceptance facility for those submitting new applications. We offer convenient, full-service passport processing to the Tucson and University communities. We offer in-house photos, fast and family-friendly service, and helpful staff. We aim to make submitting your application as quick and easy as possible. If you have an immediate need for a passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or visit the Western Passport Center website.

To avoid having to make multiple trips, please read this page carefully before you come. Common mistakes include:

Hours of Operation

Appointments available Monday - Friday

Schedule an Appointment


University of Arizona
Global Center
615 N Park Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85721
(520) 626-7161

Paid parking is available in the Tyndall Parking Garage just west of the Global Center, and in metered spaces across campus. Unfortunately, UA Passports is unable to validate parking.

Passports and Services

New Passport Processing

Passport Books

  • Globally recognized and accepted for all forms of travel
  • Available in two sizes: the regular 26-page book or a large 50-page book. The large book is no additional charge, and recommended if you may be traveling frequently.

Passport Cards

  • A convenient wallet sized card that can only be used for land and some sea travel in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Bermuda, and Caribbean.
  • Accepted as federal identification if your Driver License does not meet the new federal requirements.
  • Visit this page for more information regarding passport cards, and for help determining if you should get a card instead of a book.

For more details regarding U.S. Passports, including government fees, visit the U.S. Department of State website

Woman with Passport

Passport and Visa Photos

Passport Photos

  • We do passport photos on-site, but we do not provide digital copies of photos. Our photos meet all Department of State requirements.
  • Our passport photos cost $15.

Visa Photos

  • We take visa photos that meet the requirements of every country around the world, but we do not provide digital copies of photos. While many countries will accept the normal passport size photos for your visa photo, some countries have very specific requirements, so no matter where you get your visa photos, we recommend obtaining them from a professional service that can provide country specific photos.
  • Our visa photos cost $15.

Wilma Wildcat

Passport Fees

When applying at the UA Passport office, your fees must be separated into 2 payments as shown below.

Governmental Application Fee and Execution Fee CAN NOT be combined or paid in cash.

ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT: Personal Check, Bank Check (i.e. Cashier's Check), Money Order
PAYEE: U.S. Department of State
  Adult (16 and Older) Minor (15 and Younger)
Passport Book $130 $100
Passport Card $30 $15
Expedited Processing* $60 $60
1-2 Business Day Return Delivery* (book only) $21.36 $21.36
File Search Fee* $150 $150

ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT: Debit/Credit Card or Apple Pay
PAYEE: University of Arizona
  Per Applicant
Execution Fee (Stamping and sending application) $35
Photo* $15

The U.S. Department of State requires the collection of an Execution Fee at all Passport Acceptance Facilities.

Expedited Processing: U.S. Department of State offers expedited processing for an additional fee (shown above) which guarantees the new passport will be received faster than standard processing, for current processing times visit This fee is charged per application and should be combined with your other Application Fees to the U.S. Department of State.

1-2 Business Day Return Delivery (book only): This is the quickest way to receive your passport, once it is processed. The fee guarantees express mailing of your passport to you once it has been produced by the Department of State. This fee is charged per application and should be combined with your other Application Fees to the U.S. Department of State. 1-2 Day Business Return Delivery is not available for the Passport Card.

File Search Fee: You may request a file search instead of submitting evidence of U.S. citizenship if:

  • You have been issued a U.S. passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad in the past, and
  • You cannot submit it with your application

Photo: Passport photographs are available on site, and the fee should be combined with the Execution Fee for the University of Arizona.


All new passport applications require the following:

  • DS-11 form available here
  • Printed on two separate pieces of paper
  • Completed in BLACK ink
  • Minor errors can be crossed through. Major errors require a new page to be filled out. No correction tape/fluid permitted.

  • Original or Certified Copy of U.S. Birth Certificate, OR
  • Original Certificate of Naturalization, OR
  • Original or Certified Copy of Consular Report of Birth Abroad, OR
  • Prior U.S. Passport Book and/or Card
  • See here for more information

  • Government issued photo ID (driver's license, military ID, state ID, current passport)
    • If you have an out of state ID please be prepared to bring secondary identification such as a student or work ID issued in Arizona
  • ID and proof of citizenship documents cannot be the same document

drivers license

  • 2"x2" color photograph
  • Taken less than 6 months ago
  • Please refer to the Travel.State.Gov page for further passport photo requirements
  • We do photos at UA Passports for a $15 fee.

  • A check or money order is required for payment of the portion of the total fee that goes to the US Government (AKA the application fee described above). We recognize this is inconvenient, but we have been unable to convince the US Government to change the rules.
  • Payable to the U.S. Department of State
  • Please see the Passport Fees section above to determine the specific amount you will owe.

To apply for a minor, please closely follow the steps described on this page.

Please note that proof of parental relationship and consent is required from both parents for minors under 16 years of age. This means that both parents must accompany the minor to the in person appointment to apply for the passport. If both parents are not able to be present, you have two options:

  • Bring in a completed and notarized Form DS-3053 statement of consent with a front and back copy of the absent parent’s photo identification,
  • OR have proof of sole custody in the form of an original or certified copy of a court order or death certificate.

Visit our FAQ page.

Passport Renewal Processing

Renewing your passport? You may qualify to use a DS-82 application. Check the drop-down menu, and if you can answer “yes” to all 5 questions, then use a DS-82 and renew by mail. If not, then proceed with a DS-11 and come see us at UA Passports for execution.

To qualify to use the DS-82 Renewal by Mail form, you must be able to answer yes to all the following questions*:

  1. Can you submit your most recent passport book and/or card?
  2. Were you at least 16 years old when your most recent passport book and/or card was issued?
  3. Was your most recent passport book and/or card issued 15 years ago or less?
  4. Was your most recent passport book and/or card a full 10-year validity passport?
  5. Is your name the same now as it was when your most recent passport book and/or card was issued?
    • If your name is NOT the same now, can you provide proper documentation of your name change via court order, marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.?

*Even if you meet all the criteria above, you cannot submit a DS-82 Renewal by Mail if your most recent passport book and/or card was either LOST or DAMAGED. If your passport book and/or card was lost or damaged, you must apply in person using the DS-11 Passport Application.

If you qualify, use the DS-82 form, and follow the instructions on the Travel.State.Gov website.

If you qualify to renew by mail, but you are willing to pay our $35 execution fee because you would like our help, you will use the DS-11 form, NOT the DS-82. To avoid wasting your time, please do NOT bring in a completed DS-82 renewal form to UA Passports. If you renew in person, you will need to provide the same documentation required for a new passport except you can use your old passport as your proof of citizenship.

If you do not qualify or would prefer to apply in person at UA Passports, please complete the DS-11 Passport Application instead. A $35 execution fee is assessed for all DS-11 Passport Applications. The processing time for your application will be the same with either application. Both the DS-82 and the DS-11 application can be expedited for faster processing.

For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of State website at or call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.

Woman with UA Flag