Tec de Monterrey (Campuses throughout Mexico)
Program Type: Exchange
Credit Type: Transfer Credit
Terms Available: Academic Year , Fall , Spring
Class Eligibility: Junior , Senior , Sophomore
Program Open To: UA Students
Language of Instruction: Spanish
Application Deadline: Academic Year: May 1 , Fall: May 1 , Spring: November 1
Explore Tec de Monterrey (Campuses throughout Mexico)
The Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), also known as the Tec de Monterrey, has been receiving international students for over 30 years. One of the very best private universities in all of Latin America, the Tec is widely known for its excellent degree programs and state-of-the-art facilities as well as its highly developed programs for learning different topics including Spanish, Business in Mexico and Mexican Culture. Courses offered include, but are not limited to: agronomy, architecture, basic sciences, business administration, engineering, humanities, social sciences, Spanish as a second language, business in Mexico, Mexican culture and hotel & tourism.
Internships may be available at some campus locations.
Coursework is evaluated as transfer credits for inclusion towards your total degree unit requirements; your exchange coursework grades do not affect your UA grade point average.
Tec de Monterrey has a strong presence throughout Mexico with 31 campuses. Students can apply to campuses in***:
- Ciudad de México
- Santa Fe (business students only)
***Students are encouraged to apply to the Tec campus of their choosing, but applications are subject to review by the International Travel Safety Oversight Committee and Provost approval due to the current State Department Travel Advisory for Mexico. Study at the campus of application cannot be guaranteed.
Housing varies depending on the campus location; some campuses offer students the opportunity to stay with a host family and some have on-campus housing available. Consult the Tec de Monterrey Housing page for more details about housing options.
- Please check the Tec de Monterrey Calendar for the most accurate program dates.
- $50 Study Abroad Application Fee
- Mandatory Geo Blue International Health Insurance at a rate of $3 a day (approximately $360 a semester)
- You pay Main Campus UA Tuition & Fees to do an exchange and receive all of the financial aid you use on main campus.
- To learn more about how financial aid is applied to studying abroad, please see the official OSFA website.
- It is mandatory for all students traveling to Mexico to get the SURA health insurance recommended by Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- Other estimated costs include but not limited to housing, transportation (air & local), visa, meals, books and supplies
- UA Study Abroad scholarships are available based on eligibility
Request More Information
Please enter your contact information and a member of the Study Abroad team will contact you.