The Hokkaido University Short-Term Exchange Program (HUSTEP) is a ‘junior year abroad’ type program designed to provide undergraduate students from affiliated universities with the opportunity to study in Japan at Hokkaido University. Participants in this program take a wide variety of classes offered in English in the fields of Culture and Society, Environment, Science and Technology. Students also have the chance to study the Japanese language. In addition, some participants can pursue independent study research under the guidance of a faculty member. There will also be an opportunity to take part in numerous traditional and contemporary Japanese cultural activities. Students admitted to the program are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- HUSTEP Entry Requirements: Applicants must:
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate study at their own university prior to arrival in Japan.
- have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- be in junior or senior year at the time of participation
- Our agreement with Hokkaido University is a departmental agreement, and therefore our students can not apply for the JLCSP program.